Welcome back DAORN members!
Where did the summer go? Hope you were all able to enjoy it!
Now back to work with exciting DAORN Chapter activities:
- The combined Board meeting was held in July. A recommendation from the Education Grants committee was to increase DAORN members funding for chapter education grants. The Board approved an increase for eligible members to receive equal or less than the price of the AORN Congress pre-registration fee on an annual basis (up from a cap of $250). Delegates are not eligible for other grants the same year they receive delegate funding.
- The membership survey results were reviewed and the Board voted to implement the requested changes starting this year. Please note that we will be decreasing the number of Chapter meetings from 8 to a total of 6 (Sept, Oct, Nov, Feb, April, May). The delegates will have an additional meeting in March to prepare for Congress and the May meeting will be a dinner meeting in celebration DAORN’s 6oth anniversary and installation of officers. Business meetings will be 30 minutes and will begin at 6:00PM and the education session will follow from 6:45-7:45PM. We are also in the process of implementing webcasting and will implement a pilot at the September meeting (see meeting information on back page).
- The Board approved the redesign of the DAORN webpage and will outsource the set up this year.
- The golf tournament in June was another rousing success thanks to Ellen Lord and her crew! We awarded 4 nursing scholarships for a total of $3200.
- AORN Congress will be March 24-29th in New Orleans and our Chapter can send 17 delegates. Look for the nominating committee members to be giving you a call to see if you would be interested in serving in this capacity.
Thanks to all of the Board members and committee chairs for all the work you have contributed over the summer. It is going to be another busy year!