DAORN MEETING MINUTES
Date: January 9, 2014 HOST FACILITY: Lutheran Hosp.
Meeting called to order by Julie Mower at 1800.
Thank you to sponsors: Julie Mower, DAORN President acknowledged Lutheran Hospital and staff for hosting the meeting and providing dinner.
Attendance/Guests: Quorum established with members present. There were 35 members present and 8 guests introduced.
Approval of Nov. 2013 meeting minutes– minutes approved as written.
Treasurer’s report: **see balance sheet
General Fund: $ 38,314.69
Raffle Fund: $ 211.70
Bill Lord Scholarship Fund: $ 3,991.75
Subtotal Current Assets: $42,518.14
King Soopers: $ 6,975.00
Total Current Assets: $49,493.14
Correspondence: Julie Mower announced upcoming educational conferences at Children’s and Interdisciplinary Collaboration for the Improvement of Patient Outcomes.
Board Report: Sharon Luhrs distributed sign-up sheets for members attending 2014 Expo. Please volunteer to host dinners for summer AORN leadership conference.
Old business: First time Expo attendee drawn was Sandy Lindahl.
Committee Reports: (Committee chairs or designees)
- Awards – Julie Mower reported that AORN will take chapter picture Sunday at 0630 during the 2014 Expo.
- Fall workshop: Julie Martin reported that there were 82 attendees and 38 vendors for an estimated income of $17,000. Julie acknowledged the committee members and everyone who attended.
- Education – Dr. Garrett is the educational speaker tonight.
- Finance –Report above.
- OR Nurse Week – Great attendance for OR Nurse Week. Saturday Feb. 1st is the next date at the museum from 0830-2pm.
- Ways and Means – Ellen Lord relayed that we have a good location for the upcoming Expo chapter fundraising table. Committee will meet tonight for golf tournament planning which will be June 2nd at the Ranch.
- Technology Support – Readytalk demonstration was conducted with the rep signing in remotely. Pricing is $49/month for 25 people or less with 1,000 web minutes free or the option of 8 cents per minute web + 4 cents X # people. No decision made at the general meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 1903.
Julie Martin, Secretary