DAORN CHAPTER MEETING MINUTES
Meeting call-in # 1-866-740-1260 & Access code: 5177749
Thursday January 8, 2015 1800-1900
Meeting called to order at 1805 by Chapter President Sharon Luhrs
Meal provided by Covidien.
Membership: Quorum reached. Attendance 27 plus 3 visitors, plus 3 on the phone.
Treasurer’s report: As of December 1, 2014
General Account $41,360.43
Raffle $ 303.70
Bill Lord $ 2,522.85
TOTAL ASSETS $44,186.98
KS Certificates $0
- January bank statements were not available as of 1/4/15. Still waiting on some bills from the Fall Workshop. Will have report on costs and profits at February Meeting.
- There are no more King Soopers certificates. They will be removed from the budget. A big Thank you to Geri for taking care of this project through the years!
- September Chapter Minutes: Approved with the following changes. The Periop101 students were from HCA not Metropolitan University.
- October Chapter Minutes: Approved.
- 2015 Congress and Expo; Volunteers, Liaisons and Greeters: Peggy Camp, Rachael, Suzanne. Periop 101 Students and 1st time attendees will help man the booth. They need more volunteers.
- Delegate Candidates for Expo Allowance
- Board agreement on costs. Delegate candidates need to apply for additional funds if they want to have more of the costs paid for. Each delegate will receive $535.00 for Registration, $100.00 for meals and $100.00 for parking. If they wish to stay in a hotel downtown, application must be made for an additional $200.00 and if they live more than 75 miles away. Since parking is included in the hotel fee, the sum above registration that a delegate could potentially receive would be, $400.00 for meals and hotel costs based on double occupancy and distance from congress location (75 miles or more).
- Delegates will meet immediately after February Chapter meeting at Lutheran. This will be the last meeting before Expo.
- 1st Time Attendee Approved Candidates for sponsored Expo Registration approved by chapter for 4 attendees ($535.00 x 5=$2675.00). Attendees to volunteer @ Surgical Expo (@ DAORN booth etc.) Attendees-Joy Freimann, Michelle Flores, Rachel Fluckey & Alexia Schuller-Peterson.
- Ground Rules for First Time attendees:
- Must be AORN and Chapter members
- Must contribute time to volunteer activities of chapter and at Expo/Congress booth.
- Must write a report and power point to present, of their experience as first time attendees to Congress and present it to the chapter meeting following Expo.
- Fund Raising:
Ellen Lord brought in scarf for members to see and vote on. Sample is in purple. There are many color options available. 1st choice is teal. Will have logo and the date of Expo. Chapter will sell for $25.00 each. Cost is $15-$16. This will include 7.62% sales tax added per unit and a profit for chapter fund raising. The table (booth) will be located on the main concourse. It is Table #1. There are a total of nine chapters or state councils that have booths this year. We will be using the “Square” for credit card charges. Additional items that will be sold are the pins, assorted jewelry, potato bags.
- Golf Tournament is scheduled for June 8th at The Ranch. Ellen Lord and Cathy Andrews to work with hospital captains to have a hospital challenge at the golf tournament.
- Informatics: Remember that members can vote online even if they are not delegates.
- Awards: No Report
- Legislative: Several house bills related to healthcare.
HB#1036 Medical Marijuana Harm
HB# Donated medical supplies
SB# 014- Medical Marijuana, Primary Care Physicians, Edibles regulations.
SB# 015- Autism
- 1 Application for Grant for cost of Expo/Congress
- Interdisciplinary Conference at Univ. of Colo. At Anschutz on February 19th. Professionals share their experiences and what they do and why. More info on the DAORN website.
- Nurse’s Day Committee: February 28th (Sunday). Last time for Day at the Museum.
Meeting adjourned at 1855.
Minutes submitted by Jane Fulton-Junge Chapter Secretary√