It is hard to for me to believe that it is already September, the summer has flown by for me and probably for you as well. I am really very excited to be the DAORN Chapter President for the up coming year.
Our first meeting will be Thursday September 10th at North Suburban, social hour and dinner starts at 5:45 pm. It will be nice to catch up with old friends and meet new ones, so please take a moment to introduce yourself to those you do not know.
We are changing things up for the 2015-2016 year and offering a couple of Saturday meetings to allow members who work late during the week to attend, see attached schedule or visit our website for chapter meeting dates and locations.
Join us for the DAORN Fall Workshop at the Lowry Event Center on October 30th . The workshop promises to be an great educational opportunity and we are very excited to have David Wyatt as our Keynote Speaker. Attending the workshop will renew your spirit as a perioperative nurse. Look for the brochure on the DAORN website in September.
I’m looking forward to seeing all of you next week.
Faith Beazer, DAORN President
Meeting Agenda, Sept. 10, 2015
1745-1800: Dinner and networking
1800-1900: Education Session
1905-1935: Business Meeting
- Attendance/guests – (M Bacca and A. Gilmore)
- Approval of May 2015 minutes (daorn.wpmudev.host)
- Nice Catch, Near Misses or Safety Stories.
- DOARN Member Highlight – Gerry Hopkins
- Thank You Gift – 2014-2915 President – Sharon Luhrs
- Introduction of Board
- 2015-2016 Chapter Goals
- Nominations for AORN Awards – Education and Volunteer
- Financial report/audit report (T. Woolley)
- Board report (L. Hatlestad)
- Committee Reports
- Fall Workshop (P. Camp)
- Nominating (S. Luhrs)
- Membership (M. Bacca & A. Gillmore)
- Legislation (M. Parsons)
- Bylaws (A. Brown)
- Scholarships/Grants (T. Woolley)
- Awards (M. Steiert)
- Ways & Means (E. Lord)
- Informatics (F. Beazer) – no report
- OR Nurses Week (S. Luhrs)
- Hospital Captains (C. Andrews)
- DAORN Fund Raisers: Get involved!! 🙂
- DAORN Fall Workshop – Delegate Expenses
- Golf Tournament – Scholarship for Nursing Students
- Golf Tournament – E. Lord & T. Woolley – Financial report and discussion
DARON Meeting Flyer 2015-2016 (click to download pdf)