Happy New Year! 2015 flew by for me and I bet for you as well.
The next DAORN Chapter meeting will be at Parker Adventist this Thursday January 14th. With the new year this is a great time to make the commitment to be involved in DAORN. If you have been involved and have thought about running for a DAORN chapter office for 2016-2017, now is the time. Talk with any of your officers or board members, and make sure the nominating committee has your contact information and your willingness to serve form. If you are not sure about running for office there are still many opportunities to be involved in DAORN. If you wanting to get involved but are unsure how, please let myself or another chapter officer now and we can help direct you to what may fit for you.
Plan now to attend the interdisciplinary Collaboration for the Improvement of Patient Outcomes, to be held Thursday, Feb. 18 from 0800-1530 at the Donor Alliance Center. There’s a flyer on our website with registration information, it can be found under the heading “News Letter” and “Education”.
Looking forward to seeing all of you on Thursday 🙂
Faith Beazer, DAORN President
Meeting Agenda, January 14, 2016
- Attendance/guests – (M Bacca and A. Gilmore)
- Approval of November 2015 minutes (daorn.wpmudev.host)
- Nice Catch, Near Misses or Safety Stories.
- DOARN Member Highlight
- Financial report/audit report (T. Woolley)
- Board report (L. Hatlestad)
- Committee Reports
- Fall Workshop (P. Camp)
- Nominating (S. Luhrs)
- Delegates for Congress
- Membership (M. Bacca & A. Gillmore)
- Legislation (M. Parsons)
- Bylaws (A. Brown)
- Scholarships/Grants (T. Woolley)
- Awards (M. Steiert)
- Ways & Means (E. Lord)
- Informatics (F. Beazer) – no report
- OR Nurses Week (S. Luhrs)
- Hospital Captains (C. Andrews)
- New Business
- Basket for AORN Surgical Conference and EXPO 2016
- Delegate Funding 2016
- Old Business