Happy New Year!
Start off the New Year with a commitment to professional growth! Join us for our January 2019 DAORN Chapter meeting to be held at
Lutheran Medical Center, 8300 W 38th Avenue, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
1730-1800: Dinner (provided by Baxter) & Networking
1800-1900: Education Session
1905-1945: Business Meeting
Call-in Number: 1-866-740-1260, Passcode: 5177749
Understanding Hemostatic, Sealant and Adhesive Agentspresented by Baxter
Due to the risk factors related to perioperative bleeding, members of the perioperative team need to be knowledgeable about the wide variety of hemostatic, sealant and adhesive agents that are available for the management of bleeding in surgical and other invasive procedures.
- Discuss the evolution of surgical hemostasis.
- Review the surgical challenges and impacts of bleeding.
- Describe methods to achieve surgical hemostasis.
- Summarize the coagulation cascade and how a clot is formed.
- Define the categories of hemostatic, sealant and adhesive agents.
- Discuss mechanisms of action, components and safety considerations for hemostatic, sealant and adhesive agents.