Saturday, October 12, 2019
Swedish Medical Center
Karen Elliott, Chapter President, called the meeting to order at 1000. Swedish Medical Center and Patti Bichsel were thanked for sponsoring our meeting. Sandi Lindahl was thanked for facilitating a very popular team building exercise.
There were 14 members and 1 guest in attendance.
1. Minutes were approved as written with an addendum provided by Karen Elliott.
2. Treasurer’s report (Mary Jo Steiert): See attached.
- Some expenses from Casino Night are still pending. Approximately $4,000 profit was recognized from Casino Night.
- DAORN may be changing banks due to lack of responsiveness to our needs from current bank.
- DAORN membership stands at 644. DAORN receives $12,880 from headquarters annually ($20 is returned to the chapter for each member).
3. Casino Night summary (Ellen Lord):
- The Casino Night was very successful. There were 200 registrants and 165-170 attended. A small % of DAORN members attended who were not committee members.
- One scholarship winner attended. There is already interest in other scholarship applications.
- Feedback from attendees was very positive. The event will be held again next year.
- Givergy, the on-line platform, will not be used again. Some people were charged twice for registration or silent auction purchases.
4. Awards (Julie)
Ellen Lord has been nominated for the National AORN Educator of the Year award.
5. Member survey (Andine Gilmore)
The board drafted a survey on DAORN attendance needs. A hard copy was distributed at the meeting, and electronic copies are available on ORNurselink, social media sites, the DAORN website, and will be e-mailed to members. The biggest barrier identified by the group was driving time.
6. Nominating (Karen Elliott, Ron Jagersky)
- Final number of delegates to be sent to Surgical Conference and Expo is pending. Once finances are in order there will be more information available.
- Open positions for 2020-2021:
- Board members X2
- Nominating committee X1
7. New Business
- Lauren recommended that certificates of attendance be available at meetings for people who need professional development validation for clinical ladder progression. Julie will draft a certificate and bring to next board meeting for review.
- To make officer information more accessible to members, Karen Elliott will post officer contact information on ORNurselink.
- Julie will explore designing business cards with officer/committee chair contact information, with instructions on how to access ORNurselink on the back of the card.
- We currently use Facebook and Instagram as our social media platforms. Lauren offered to help Andine manage the Instagram account and other social media. She stated that Facebook is not being used as frequently as it once was.
Meeting adjourned 1034.
Julie Mower, DAORN Secretary